Report a Company

Notifying a company

As you report a trader or a company according to trading standards and what he will do with your complaint. Complaint about a private company with restricted liability If you have serious misgivings about a private company or its officers, you may file a claim. There is another way to make a claim about goods or service you have purchased, or about a company that owe you cash. Complaints to Companies House if a company has not submitted its financial statement or its confirmatory statement (formerly financial statement) or has submitted deceptive documentation.

Complaints to the insolvency service if you have good reasons, e.g. suspicion of company abuse: So if you think the company could be guilty of serious and intricate scams, consider reporting them to the Serious Fraud Office. When the insolvency service determines that your appeal is serious enough, it will:

You can also conduct a penal inquiry if you find that the company has commited a crime. If you wish to file a complaint about the company, please consult the administrator or liquidator: If you do not know the administrator in charge of the case, please inspect the commercial registry.

Report malpractice of enterprises, managing director and bankruptcy to insolvency service

Insolvency Service is legally authorised to examine complaints: Anyone can report any such malpractice to us. Remember that the Insolvency Service cannot examine claims that do not concern these issues, e.g. we cannot examine claims about a private entrepreneur who is not broke or if a company has been wound up.

We have different authorities according to whether a company is alive, in forced liquidation, in another bankruptcy proceeding or liquidated. If you do not know the legal state of the company you are complaining about, please inspect the commercial registry. All information submitted to us will be evaluated and we will consider whether further investigation should be undertaken.

Further measures can be taken against the bankruptcy, the directors or the company if our investigation reveals things that affect us. Only those claims for which we have the statutory authority can be investigated and we may suggest that you seek redress from another governmental entity or share your complaint with us when appropriate.

In your appeal, please state clearly whether you do not wish this. Should our investigations show that a crime may have been commited, we can report to the appropriate law enforcement agency (e.g. the law enforcement or our law enforcement team). It will then be up to that body to determine whether to conduct a judicial inquiry and to initiate judicial procedures.

However, if you wish to file an anonymised claim, we may still be able to refer the case to the appropriate investigative body. They are corporations or private firms with restricted liabilities that are currently traded or have discontinued trade without going into bankruptcy. Complaints can be filed with the Bankruptcy Service if you have reason to believe that the company is alive:

We' ve only got authority to examine real-time businesses, we can't investigate: As a rule, the insolvency service does not examine running companies: Your claim will be confirmed in written form. If we do not resolve to refer your complaints to the investigative phase, we may refer you to the appropriate regulatory authority. We do not disclose to the Company or the director (s) who filed the complaints when we conduct the investigations, nor do we provide any particular reason why we should examine them at any point in the proceedings.

Every inquiry we conduct may lead us to take no actions against the company or its directors: You will receive a letter from us informing you if we resolve not to pursue your complaints. Ongoing corporate research is kept private, so we cannot tell you whether we have chosen to conduct research or what we will find when we research, although we will, if possible, communicate the results of our research to you.

If we have successfully taken measures against the company or its managers (e.g. liquidation of the company or disqualification of a director), we will also publish a news announcement. Please refer to the instructions for current company studies. There are many factors that can cause a company to collapse other than the malpractice of its manager. You can report malpractice for example:

When the company you are complaining about has gone into forced liquidation in England or Wales, you should consult the relevant liquidator. You will check all information provided and determine whether it should be further investigated. Provided proof of wrongdoing is found, they may request the removal of one or more of the Company's officers and/or disclose the information received to another law enforcement or regulator with more appropriate authority to address concern.

In Scotland, if the company is in forced winding up, you should consult the administrator in charge of the case. If you do not know the name of the sequestrator or bankruptcy trustee, please inspect the commercial registry. In the event that the company is under management, sequestration or voluntarily liquidated, you should consult the administrator in charge of the case.

If you do not know the name of the receiver, please inspect the commercial registry. If he deems this to be correct, the liquidator will notify the liquidator. It shall be for the bankruptcy service to determine whether to conduct an investigation with a view to being disqualified and/or to forward the information received to another law enforcement or regulator with more appropriate authority to address the concern.

See the guide on insolvency corporate investigation. In addition to persons who have been excluded from the activity of managing agent, anyone who is currently in bankruptcy is excluded from the activity of managing agent without the consent of the courts. They will also be incapacitated if they are currently one: Learn more about disqualifying managers, who can be disqualified and what a qualified manager can and cannot do.

Verify in the Commercial Registry whether a manager is incapacitated and whether he has received approval from the courts to act as a manager of a particular company. Browse the individual insolvency registry to find out if anyone is currently insolvent, has a waiver of debts, or is restricted.

Use our on-line contact to report a non-qualified director: Your complaints will be noted and reviewed and, where appropriate, forwarded to our law enforcement department (this is an impartial department within the Insolvency Service) to determine whether a crime has been commited. It is forbidden for a manager of a company that has gone bankrupt (but not into management or receivership) to create, manage or promote a company with the same or similar name to the company being wound up for 5 years.

Violation of this Act may be a crime, and the Company's principal may be held individually responsible for any debt of the Company arising during the prohibition of a name. These restrictions apply both to persons who have been managing directors and to persons who have been managing director. You may reuse the name of the bankrupt company if the company's affairs are disposed of by a liquidator and the former manager, within 28 workingdays after completion of the transaction, legally indicates that he intends to take action in respect of the new company or the company bearing that name.

However, the Registrar may ask the Tribunal for authorisation to use the company name or similar within 7 workingdays of the liquidation. After 7 working day, if the Principal requests it, he must obtain the approval of the Tribunal before starting to use the name. During the 12-month period preceding the date of winding-up, the Directors may cooperate with another company (but not with a company) having the same or a similar name as the winding-up company.

You do not need to obtain a permit from the courts to use the name in conjunction with this company if that company has it: Your complaints will be acknowledged and considered. If necessary, we will ask the Principal to recall the regulations and to amend them. Where appropriate, we forward the claim to the crime enforcement department (this is an independant department within the insolvency service) to check whether a crime has been commited.

Mehr zum Thema